Activities with Children
If you have small children, it's possible to take day trips by car or train to the many historical sites throughout France and Switzerland. To get started see our Activities & Travel page.
- AngloInfo lists various activities for kids in the region.
- Croque loisirs Facebook page posts activities and events for children and youth in Geneva, Annemasse, the Pays de Gex areas. You can also get their magazine for free at all town halls (Mairies) in France and tourist offices in the Pays de Gex.
- Know-It-All Passport lists events
- What's On for Kids lists current events for kids in Geneva
- Aqua Park in Le Bouveret is open all year and fun for the whole family.
- Baby Gym
Offers a wide range of activities for babies and children from 0 - 10 years, such as baby massage, baby sign, music, dance, art, gymnastics, yoga and more (in French). They also offer holiday activities for 4 - 8 year olds and holiday adventure camps for kids from 6 - 10. Sites in Carouge at La Praille shopping center and in Vich. Please check the website for contact details.
- Espace Junior At the Geneva Palexpo, Hall 7, Grand-Saconnex. Play area for children aged 2 to 12 years old, with games, inflatable castles, a car track, trampolines, playhouses and more. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Open Wednesday to Sunday from 13:30-18:30. Open Mondays and Tuesdays during the school holidays and on public holidays. Entry CHF 12, free for accompanying adults. Tel: +41 79 213 29 26.
- Forest Land
Outdoor adventure park - also has indoor activities - in Divonne-les-Bains, France.
Play, musical and artistic classes from 0 to 5 years 23 rue Sonnex, Grand-Saconnex - +41 22 920 92 00 - firstname.lastname@example.org
is a park with a 400m-long elevated observation deck, 3m above the ground. The back of the park is a natural cliff 10 to 20 meters high. You can see bears, wolves, bison, lynx, and specialty horses. Situated between Vallorbe and the Vallée de Joux, the park is dominated by the impressive Dent de Vaulion peak. At Le Pont-Vallorbe, Switzerland.
- Ludothèques - Toy Libraries
Ludothèques promote play as an active leisure time pursuit - you can go there and play or rent out toys and games. Consult this webpage for a list of addresses in the Geneva area.
- Luge - at Chamonix, and at the Col de la Faucille.
- Mubabil's Music and Creative Programs
Workshops for children from 3 months to 12 years and their parents
Nicolas Gisiger - rue J.-A. Gautier 18, Geneva - +41 79 332 03 59
- Playball – Has expanded their program to include football, hockey, tennis, basketball, running, volleyball and more. Check their website for class information.
- Parc Pré Vert - Signal de Bougy offers music, puppet, theater, and more in their amphitheater, free-of-charge, at 15:00 (weather-permitting), plenty of room for picnics, games, water games (for little kids), tree climbing in Parc Aventure, mini-golf, a mini-zoo, a bakery, and restaurant.
Indoor funpark for kids from 0 to 10 years. Filled with 5 or so huge inflatable bouncy/sliding/climbing structures, a huge version of the McDonald's type climber, and other hard plastic playhouses. There is a gated-in baby area with smaller, tamer toys. There is also a little track where kids can drive very slow-moving and apparently easy to control jeeps for a small additional fee, paid in tokens. Entrance fees only for kids – adults get in free! 15 CHF for over 3-year-olds, 8 CHF for under 3.
Open Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 12.30 pm (morning) and
Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 2 pm ti 4.30 pm (afternoon), and
every day during Geneva school holidays.
chemin des Batailles 22, Vernier - +41 22 341 40 00
- Summer Camps in Switzerland - offer children from around the world an unforgettable summer experience in the spectacular Swiss Alps. Developing skills, knowledge and understanding in sport, languages, team work, culture and outdoor pursuits are in the focus of almost all summer camps in Switzerland.
- Geneva Youth Sports Camps - From basketball to wind surfing to tennis, there is something for everyone here.
- Camp Suisse - In Torgon Switzerland, offers year round camping adventures for children and teens (7-17) from all over the world in the heart of the Swiss alps.
- Village Camps Programmes
Excellent International summer camps for 7 - 18 year olds. Focus on education and recreation with a wide range of programs such as languages, activity, sports, creative arts, leadership training, film academy and much more.
See our list of where to buy books on our News & Information page.
- All Minds - A Geneva-based art school that focuses on art school prep for late teens entering upper education.
- Berlitz Kids & Teens Camps - Languages, knowledge, sport and adventure for kids & teens from 7 to 17 years! Perfect combination of communicative language learning (French, German or English) and a variety of spare-time activities such as diverse sports and outdoor activities, workshops, recreation and new activities: cooking & food science, photography, family or teens camp. In the Junior Leadership Training teens get prepared for future challenges in communication, intercultural competence and leadership. Contact us: +41 43 388 83 12, email@example.com.
- Checkology - Do your children/students know the difference between fact and fiction? This virtual classroom can help.
- International Summer Camp - Megeve France
Year round language camp for children and teenagers ages 7 to 17. English or French lessons in the morning, and sports all afternoon. Learn and have fun!
- Le Français en Famille - Language courses for moms and their pre-school children in Carouge.
While you are being taught by an experienced French teacher, your children are immersed in a French environment of songs, games and books with an assistant. Classes take place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Contact: Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +41 76 442 1607
- The Language Center, Ferney-Voltaire offers English and French language classes and personalized training for children and adults. They have been helping people pass English and French exams for 18 years in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
- German children's choir (CERN Women's Club)
Every Wednesday from 4.30 - 6 pm at the Toddler's Group room (Room R-020), Restaurant 2, after the main entrance, down the corridor on your right, last door.
- La Bulle d'air
Musical activities from 12 months onwards at chemin du Pommier 14, Grand-Saconnex
- Mubabil's Music and Creative Programs
Workshops for children from 3 months to 12 years and their parents at rue J.-A. Gautier 18, Geneva.
- Note by Note
Music centre serving the International Community of Geneva, Vaud and the Pays de Gex, has music groups and private lessons for children and adults. In Divonne-les-Bains, France. Contact Sue Lake: email@example.com
- Jump Start - online teaching games for pre-schoolers
- Jump Start - Math worksheets for all ages
- Knowledge Adventure - Reading skill builder
- Math Blaster - Math is not boring when you do it with Math Blaster!
- Progressive Phonics - multi-language site
- Reading A - Z - English. Yearly membership required.
- Starfall - fun place for pre-schoolers to learn English
- Le Point du FLE - French
- The Khan Academy Learn almost anything K-12 for free. All of the site's resources are available to anyone.
- La Gaite – Sells party costumes, accessories and party favors. At 13, rue de la Rotisserie, Geneva
- Rainbow Play Systems of Switzerland – Sells play equipment and trampolines, and rents their space for birthday parties at chemin du Gobe 3, 1293 Bellevue – Email – +41 22 774 06 57.
- Tout pour la Fête at the Droguerie des Arcades, 65 rue des Bois, Les Arcades d'Ornex, France – +33 450 40 81 00. Carries a large amount of costumes, wigs, make up and party decorations.
- AngloInfo lists party planners here.
- CERN Toddler's Group meets Tuesdays and Fridays from 10 - 12 noon, Restaurant No 2
- Expat-Moms-In-Switzerland Yahoo Group - A great multinational forum for moms to ask and get answers to all sorts of questions concerning living in and having children in Switzerland, and of course also for dads!
- German Toddlers’ Groups in Geneva
Toddlers’ groups and PEKiP-groups in German as well as a nature/wood playgroup in German and French for 0 to 3-year-olds. Also offers for German-speaking mums such as monthly dinner meetings or Aerobic.
- Kiddie Club
Offers playgroups and activities for children from 3 months to around 4 years together with their parents at route de Chêne 66, Geneva - Tel: +41 22 736 43 92
The Playgroup Programme (PGP), founded in 1987, is an entirely voluntary-run non-profit association that provides a range of quality, affordable programmes in English for families living in the Geneva region; a Mother-to-Mother support group for expectant mums and parents of newborns up to 9 months; Playgroups for children aged 6 months – 4 years (accompanied) and Literacy Classes for English-speaking children aged 4 - 11 years old. Located 2 mins from the Swiss border, free parking. Please see website for contact details.
- Playgroup Programme in Ferney-Voltaire, France
© Newcomer Welcome Center 2011-2018